Authentic Chinese BBQ Pork Recipe
- 2 pounds of baby back ribs
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine or Shaoxing wine
- 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 15 grams of brown sugar
- ⅓ cup of drinking water
- ½ teaspoon of cider vinegar
- Toasted sesame seeds, a pinch
- Prepare the ribs. This is the first step when you wash the ribs, pat them dry and then proceed to marinate them. For this create a mixture of onion and garlic powder, Shaoxing wine, soy sauce and some of the salt. Allow the marinated ribs to sit for an hour.
- Set the oven. In order to start the grill, preheat oven to a temperature of 400 degrees. Place ribs on a baking sheet and use parchment paper to line it and place the ribs on them. Put the baking sheet in the oven; bake for a total time of 40 or 45 minutes. Flip and turn the ribs every ten minutes.
- Preparing sauce for the ribs. About ten minutes before the baking is completed, take a wok and place over medium heat. Add in brown sugar and do not let it melt. As soon as it caramelizes, add on a tablespoon of soy sauce, the light variety, honey, cider vinegar and water. Bring the sauce to boil low by turning up the heat and then switch off the heat.
- Coat ribs with sauce. When ribs are done coat them in the sauce while it is still hot. This will help them to absorb the sauce.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Take a skillet and place it on the stove. Once the skillet is hot toast the sesame seeds lightly. Now sprinkle the seeds on the ribs before you serve.
- You could grill the ribs on an open BBQ station as well.
- The honey glazed ribs are a great accompaniment with salads and bread or rice on the side.