Authentic Chinese Fried Rice Recipe
- 5 ounces of cured ham or Jinhua ham
- 5 tablespoons of oil
- 1 packet of suimi ya cai, about 2.8 oz
- 6 scallions in chopped form
- 7 cups of jasmine rice, cooked
- A ¼th teaspoon of white pepper
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of rice or Shaoxing wine
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- Steam and soften the ham. This should be the first step. Simple take a heatproof plate or bowl and place the ham in it. Heat it in a steaming device which could be placing it in a steamer pot, in a wok filled with water or placing the meat over hot water in a pan with a metal rack. Allow the meat to steam for about 15 minutes.
- Mince the ham. Once the steaming is done, remove the meat from the steamer. Allow it to cool and then mince it up.
- Cook the meat and vegetables. In this step, take a wok, heat it to a high level and add about 5 tablespoons of oil. Add in the ham, stir fry the same; once it is crisp, add in scallions and stir fry; also add in the suimi ya cai. Stir fry the same till it turns fragrant.
- Add in rice. Now add in rice and distribute the different ingredients throughout the rice. Spread out the rice and fry for about two minutes.
- Layer out the rice. Once the initial layer has been fried with the ingredients, add in another layer till all the rice has been added. Once all ingredients are mixed and stir-fried add in the wine and pepper. Stir and combine all ingredients.
- Add in eggs. Drizzle beaten eggs as the rice is being stirred fried. Allow the eggs to distribute evenly and cook. Garnish with chopped spring onions and serve.
- Other ingredients can be added as well, as per taste and preferences.
- Accompaniment to the rice could be any meat or vegetable dish.