Butter for Greasing the Pan
- 1 ¼ cup of all-purpose flour and more for dusting pan
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ cup of unsalted and melted butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 5 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
For Milk Mixture
- 1 can of condensed milk Nestle La Lechera
- 1 can of evaporated milk Carnation
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 ½ teaspoon of vanilla
- 4 tablespoon of brandy or rum (optional)
- 1 ¼ cup of heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoon of sugar
- Canned fruit such as mangoes and peaches and fresh fruit such as kiwis and strawberries before serving
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. You need to ensure that you adjust the oven rack in the center. Take a 13 by 9-inch pan and grease and flour it. Keep it aside.
- Take a medium size bowl and add flour, salt, baking powder. Whisk it to mix it properly. Use an electric mixer and beat eggs one at a time. Do this on medium speed for 60 seconds. Slowly add sugar like light dusting till the sugar has blended in properly. Beat till the egg has become fluffy and turns light yellow in color. Reduce mixer speed and add melted butter, bit by bit. Then add the vanilla. The butter needs to be cool otherwise it is going to flatten the bubbles. This means you will have a flat cake.
- Add flour to the mix using a spoon in batches. Fold the mix gently till it has incorporated. Make sure that you do not over mix it. Transfer the batter to the pan that you have prepared with the help of the rubber spatula and spread it evenly. Ake for 30 minutes or till the cake appears golden brown in color. You can use a toothpick to see if it comes out clean. When baked, take it out from your oven and place it on a cooling rack.
- Milk Mixture – Whisk the condensed milk, evaporated milk, and the cream with rum and vanilla in a saucepan. Warm it in low heat till it has mixed completely. Then remove it from the heat and keep it aside. Once your baked cake is cool, pour over the milk mixture. Now, cover it with a plastic wrap and refrigerate the cake for overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Frosting – Place sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Mix it in medium speed till has formed soft peaks. This is going to take around 2 minutes. For assembling, take the cake; spread the whipped cream over it. Lastly, decorate it with fresh fruit or canned fruit. Refrigerate for cooling until you are ready to serve it.
- You can use salted butter but then avoid using the ¼ teaspoon of salt.