For Making the Pastry
- 1 easy and fast properly puffed fresh pastry
For the Filling
- ½ cup of jam of apricot or fresh preserves of raspberry
- 1 (eight-ounces) Brie of wheel
For Egg Wash
- 1 large sized white and fresh egg properly beaten with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Preheat the oven. Before moving for further process of making the dish, preheat the oven properly. And preheat the picked oven to a temperature of 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Don’t allow the oven to overheat. Otherwise, the dish may get overcooked and will taste bitter.
- Cut the pastry. After letting the oven to preheat move on. Now, cut just one-quarter of the puffed fresh pastry from the recipe which was finished by you. After this, wrap it up and reserve it properly for some another use. After wrapping it, diving the rest of the pastry in just equal half portion. And the, roll one of the remaining half out to ¼ inch thick. Then, take a plate of 7 inches of size, and properly invert it over the puffed fresh delicious pastry. After this, cut out a proper circle of the fresh dough with a very sharp paring knife. Make sure that the circle is proper in shape as it will make your dish look more beautiful. Again, cut the 2nd half of the fresh dough in a similar manner. After cutting both the halves of the dough, move to further step. Now, set aside with any of the scraps of dough and try to cut out some decorative shapes for the top of the dish.
- Fold the puffed pastry. After cutting the decorative shapes for the top, fold the pastry. Fold the puffed pastry up and around the obtained cheese. Fold it in such a way that proper pleats are made in the dough as it is very necessary and important for the dish. After making pleats, use some amount of water to seal the obtained pleats together in a proper manner and shape. After this, spread all the preserves on the top of the given cheese properly and evenly.
- Brush the dough. Now brush the outside inch of the 2nd circle of the fresh dough properly with some fresh & running water. And then, place it, with its wet side down, over the fresh cheese. Now, smoothen each of the edge of the top of the dough around the pleats properly, patting them in such a way to seal it tightly.
- Decorate it. Once the edge is smoothened, move for decoration. Cut out any kind or type of decorations as per your desire from a scrap of the fresh dough. Thereafter, place it on the apex of the Brie. And use some water to allow them to adhere to the surface of it. Then, place the obtained cheese on a sheet of baking of parchment lined. And then, brush it properly all over with the fresh egg wash. Thereafter, bake it for the time duration of 25 to 30 minutes. Bake it until the color of puffed pastry turns to golden brown completely. Now, remove it from the oven. And leave it for a time duration of at least 15 minutes before transferring it to plate for serving. Serve it when it is warm. And then refrigerate all the leftovers by wrapping it properly and tightly.
- If you want you can also make this dish with some camembert as it will enhance the taste. Just make sure that the full dish is cooled enough in order to lukewarm it before you slice, otherwise, the cheese will flow out.
- You can preserve this delicious dish by keeping it in a refrigerator for 3-4 days, but after removing it from the fridge let it leave out of the fridge.