Banana Mug Cake
- Flour 4 tbsp
- Maple syrup 1 tbsp
- Baking soda ¼ tbsp
- Almond milk 6 tbsp
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Banana 1 whole ripe
- Hazelnuts (8)
- Pinch of cinnamon
The recipe is very easy and is made in a very short amount of time. It is a very filling recipe; because of the banana you get a very sweet taste so no sugar is required. The recipe can be served as an individual dish or can be served as an after meal dessert.
- Firstly, you have to start by mixing all the ingredients together. Start by taking an oven favorable cup; now start by adding flour, maple syrup, almond milk, baking soda, and olive oil. If you want you can also stifle the dry ingredients to ensure no clots.
- Now mash the banana first and then adding to the already created mixture in the cup. Make sure you combine the banana with the other ingredients thoroughly or else lumps will be formed and after cooking loose spots will have indefinite taste, this even might affect even cooking of the cake.
- If you’re not using an electric mixer, then use a fork. Its bristling incorporates the ingredients really well. Now chop the hazelnuts finely and once the mixture is mixed thoroughly, add the chopped hazelnuts and bind in well. Make sure the hazelnuts bits are not too big; they will not taste pleasant in the cake.
- Lastly, add the cinnamon and stir it thoroughly again. And do not throw in the cinnamon in just one spot; make sure to spread it over the mixture because cinnamon tends to lump really easily. If you are using an electric mixer and you think hand mixing is not perfect, and then uses the electric hand whisker that will mix it all.
- Put the mug in the oven and bake it on 180 degrees Celsius for 1 – 1½ minute. Serve hot with chocolate milk. Or you can also top it off with some chocolate sauce and hazelnuts, or nutella.
You can also add vanilla essence in the ingredients if you want an even better smelling cake, this can be done while you’re serving it to guests.