Beef Bourguignon Pressure Cooker Recipe
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon of soften butter
- 1 kg of cleaned chunks of beef
- 6 strips of bacon, dice them into pieces
- 1 tablespoon of minced or chopped garlic
- 2 cups of fresh diced onions
- 2 cups of chopped into two buttoned mushrooms
- 2 carrots, cut into slices
- 2 cups of dry wine (Red)
- 1 1/2 cups of broth of chicken or beef
- 1 tablespoon of dried thyme
- 1 leaf of bay
- 2 tablespoons of paste of tomato
- 2 tablespoons of flour of corn
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
This Bourguignon beef cooked in the pressure cooker has all the delightful flavors one’s taste buds demands. It has a tender melting taste drop separate from chunks of beef. Easy and simple to make it is a perfect dish to eat and share.
- Heat up a pan, add some oil or butter according to your convenience. Now put beef, keep the pan uncovered on high flame so that the color of beef turns brown and it does not cook. Put it aside. In another pan heat it and add oil along with the bacon and let it be there till it cooks. Don’t let it get crisp.
- Remove it and pat the oil. Then add chopped garlic, chopped onions, silted mushrooms, and carrots and stir them on high flame and let them cook for about 3 min.
- Now, add half the wine in the pan and let it bubble up for about 5 min. Bring a pot. In that, add the reduced wine along with the remaining wine with the beef, broth of beef, thyme for seasoning, a leaf of bay, salt, paste of tomato, pepper. On the vent of the cooker which has pressure, place the pot in the cooker and cover it tight for 40 min.
- After it is cooked remove the pressure gradually. Bring a bowl to add water along with flour of corn and combine them together. Put it on heat and saute till it thickens. Add bacon & mix it well and serve the dish hot and fresh.
- Cutting the beef in the right manner and add extra enhanced taste to the dish, the correct way is to clean through shin, shoulder, and chuck.
- Carrots in this dish are optional you can add anything of the same nature as per your choice.
Don’t use cooking wine as it tastes very bad because it is too sweet, use dry wine.