Best Christmas Appetizer Recipes
- About 1 pound uncooked but peeled and cleaned shrimps
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1 8-ounce can of cream cheese
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves
- 1-1/2 cup of Greek seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups of olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
This is an appetizer that goes well with the season. If you have grown up near the ocean, you obviously love seafood a lot. Takes as little as 15 minutes of preparation and a nice bunch of yummy delicious edibles is ready on your plate.
- Take a large bowl. Pour the oil, lemon juice, seasoning, and garlic, and mix well. Take half of this marinade and add the shrimps to it. Do this in another bowl. Coat the shrimps evenly with the mixture. Cover the bowl and refrigerate it for an hour or two.
- Bring a slow cooker. Get a 4-quart cooker (or 5-quart) and pour the remaining half of the marinade. Cover it up and cook the same for like 45 minutes. The flame should be on high throughout. Add shrimp after 20 minutes and continue till the 45-minute mark.
- Bring the cucumbers. Wash the cucumbers properly and cut thin slices on each end. Throw them away. Only use the middle section. Cut slices of half a centimeter thick. You can scoop the center.
- Apple cream cheese. Use cream cheese on the cucumber slices. Top it with shrimp and parsley or mint.
You can use fresh mint for the garnish also instead of usual parsley.