- About 1 kg of dried fruits mix (raisins, cherries, currants, figs etc)
- Zest of 1 orange
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 250g sugar
- 250g butter
- 170g flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 4 to 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 150ml brandy
This is a simple dessert that goes well with brandy, rum or whiskey. It is all up to you. You can keep it ready in advance for the festive season. This Christmas, you are in great shape if you are reading this article. Together with your partner, put up a good welcome.
- Take a large saucepan. Take a large saucepan and put the fruit mix, zest of lemon and orange, about 150 ml brandies or other alcohol and butter and sugar. Mix them properly. Use a spoon to mix them.
- Bring to boil. Set the flame to medium heat. Allow the mixture to come to boil. Then reduce the heat to continue simmering it for 5 mins and remove it from the flame. Allow it to cool for half an hour.
- Heat the oven. Set the temperature to around 150C and leave for some time. Bring a deep cake tin around 20 cm deep. Apply a double layer of parchment paper around it. Wrapping a layer of two newspapers around the tin is better.
- Add rest ingredients and mix well with the fruit mix. Fill the tin with this. Level it properly and let it bake for 2 hrs in the oven.
You can tie the newspaper with a string too to secure it properly.