- About 500gm parsnips
- 2 to 3 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon seasoning
It is a perfect dish for Christmas dinners. If you have invited a crowd to your place, just make this dish and pair it with some nice drink. You can also add some nice pie in the end. Healthy and stomach full meal is ready in under an hour ready to munch on.
- Bring a large saucepan. Take the parsnips, top and tail them. Cut those that are larger in length, into halves. Put them in the pan; add water till they are submerged. Add salt and bring it to boil. Cook it for like 5 minutes or so.
- Drain and dry. Drain the parsnips and steam dry them properly. It will look great. Next, bake them.
- Preheat the oven. Set the temperature to 190C/170C and prepare the tray. Coat the parsnips in a tray with honey and flour. Toss it well and cover them properly.
- Bring a roasting tin. Pour the oil and butter and spread it properly around the tin. Put the parsnips and seasoning. Continue roasting for 40 to 45 minutes. They shall turn golden in color.
- Serve with some gravy or drink. Garnish on a plate with onions and parsley.
You can use a tray instead of tin as well, toss and turn in that case.
Take care for not over roast them.