- Eggs – 6- (boiled, peeled)
- Onion – 2- (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch (peeled, sliced)
- Red chilli powder – 3/4 teaspoon
- Tamarind paste – 1 teaspoon
- Refined oil – 1/4 cup
- Black mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Tomato – 4 (chopped)
- Green chilies – 4 (sliced & slit)
- Powdered turmeric – 3/4 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 1 handful
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Coconut milk – 100 ml
- Coriander leaves – 1 cup (chopped)
Egg curry is an Indian dish that has unique twists added to it in every region. It goes from north to south and from east to west. But it is uniformly enjoyed and celebrated by flavor lovers all over the country. The following recipe is the one with a little south Indian twist of tamarind and curry leaves.
- Put the oven on the heat and on it put a thick bottomed pan. Add oil in it and then black pepper seeds. Stir till they start to pop/ splutter, and then add chopped onions to the pan. Saute it till it becomes pinkish, and then add the cinnamon and green chilies. Once entirely mixed, add the tomatoes and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Now to this mixture add ginger, powdered coriander, powdered turmeric, and paprika. And mix it well. Cook this mixture till the time the oil doesn’t separate. You can now add to it the tamarind paste and water. Simmer on the flame for a couple of minutes.
- Now add coconut milk, curry leaves, and salt. Mix well and simmer. Now add the already boiled eggs to the mix, and stir in a way not break the eggs. Lower the flame and keep on cooking for another 5 minutes. Decorate your egg curry with chopped coriander leaves, and it is ready to be enjoyed.
- While boiling the end, do not let them crack. You will know the eggs are boiled when they start jumping in the pan or container.
- For garnishing, you can also use onions and lemon juice along with coriander.
- Do not add a lot of water as it would take away the texture of the dish, however doing the opposite would also be harmful. Maintain consistency.
- Do not sink the eggs completely in water while boiling and do cover the container while boiling.