Best Homemade Slime Recipe
- 2/3 cups of Elmer’s Glue
- 1/2 teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 to 3 cups of shaving cream, not gel
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon of contact lens solution (must have boric acid and sodium borate)
- Liquid food coloring agents
- Gloves to wear
- Start with a large mixing bowl. First, add the glue to the bowl. Add the baking soda and water to it and mix well with a straw or spoon. Add shaving cream mix now. After the above step, add your shaving cream, not gel, to the mixture, and again mix it well with your spoon.
- Add color. This is where you add your favorite food colors to it. Once done, again mix it properly. The coating should look evenly distributed and you can see it properly. This is the most important step. Take care. You should add the contact lens solution slowly to the bowl now. This is what chemically reacts with the glue to form the slime. The chemicals in the contact lens, sodium borate, and boric acid do the job.
- Add lens solution. Add one tablespoon and mix and continue kneading for like 5 minutes. You should see the slime now. Wait for some time and add another tablespoon of contact lens solution and begin to knead again. As it happens, the clime gets to take shape.
- If the slime does not form, it is because the contact lens does not have these ingredients/chemicals. SO, you have to change it and get one that has them.
- To make it fluffier, knead more. Add different food colors to it for a more colorful slime.