- 2 cloves of fresh garlic
- 2 cups of properly packed and fresh leaves of basil
- ¼ cup of nuts of pine
- Salt of kosher and freshly ground pepper (black), as per taste
- 2/3 cup of extra virgin oil of olive, finely divided
- ½ cup of freshly and properly grated cheese of Pecorino
- Combine the ingredients. First of all, take a medium-sized properly working processor of food. And then, combine the fresh leaves of basil, cloves garlic, and ¼ cup of nuts of pine in the processor. Thereafter pulse it properly until it is coarsely chopped. Now, add ½ cup of extra virgin oil of olive (finely divided). And then, process it properly and carefully until it is fully and completely incorporated and becomes smooth enough. Now, season it with the kosher salt and freshly ground pepper (black).
- Add the remaining oil. If you are using the dish immediately, then you have to do one more thing. So, add all of the remaining extra virgin oil of olive and pulse it properly until it becomes smooth. Thereafter, transfer the basil pesto to a large sized bowl of serving and blend it in the fresh cheese.
- If you are freezing it, then transfer the dish to an airtight container. And then, drizzle it the rest of the oil of olive over the top. Freeze it up to around 3 months. And thaw it and stir properly in cheese.
- If you want, serve it warm, however you can eat it while it is cold.