- 2 cups of grated carrots
- 400 grams of canned white or red beans
- ¾ teaspoon of dried rosemary
- ¾ teaspoon of dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon of curry powder
- ½ teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Vegetable oil to fry
- ½ cup of oat flour or whole wheat flour
- Wash the carrots and grate it coarsely. Take a bowl to add finely chopped onion, drained and rinsed beans, spices, and herbs along with carrots. Massage using your hands till the beans have been properly crushed. Make sure that the mixture is consistent. Add the flour and massage the mix it with the vegetable.
- Take a pan and heat oil for frying. Make cutlets from the vegetable and flour mix. Place it on the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes till it is crispy and then turn it. Make it crispy on both sides.
- Serve with rice or mashed potato. You can also have it with bread or pasta if you want.
Before you start cooking, make sure that the pan and oil hot enough.
The cutlet needs to be cooked and crispy enough one side before you flip the cutlet over. Use the pan or spatula for flipping the cutlets over.
If the cutlets are sticking together add some breadcrumbs or flour on the carrot mix.
Do not stack the cutlets on each other, as they tend to get if kept this way.
If you want, you can also bake the cutlets in the oven. Sprinkle a little bit of oil on the cutlet mix before you bake it.