Best Vegan Salad Recipes
- 1 cup of dry quinoa
- 1 ½ cup of vegetable broth or water
- 3-4 tablespoon of freshly chopped cilantro
- ½ cup of dried cilantro
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoon of curry powder
- ½ cup thinly sliced bell pepper
- ¼ cup of chopped red or green onion
- ½ cup of shredded or grated carrots
- 1/3 cup of toasted and sliced almonds
- 2-4 tablespoons of pepitas
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- 1 lime sliced in wedges
- Rinse and drain the quinoa. Use a sieve or a mesh strainer. Take a medium sized saucepan and place it on medium flame. Toast the quinoa lightly for removing excessive water. Keep stirring continuously. This adds to the nuttiness of the quinoa.
- Add the broth or water and increase the flame of the burner. Bring it to boil. Once it starts to boil, reduce the heat to simmer. Cover the pan with a lid and keep it ajar for 10 minutes or till the liquid has been absorbed and quinoa is fluffy enough.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the remaining ingredients. Mix the freshly cooked quinoa with lime, cumin, curry powder, onion, bell peppers, almonds, carrots, and pepitas. Season with salt and pepper and stir it to combine.
- To get the best result, cool down the salad before you serve. Allow the flavors to seep into the salad. Serve with fresh wedges of lime to get an added burst of citrus flavor. You can make the salad in advance and keep for 2-3 days.
NOTES – If you want a kick, you can drizzle some Sriracha.