Best Vegetable Beef Soup Recipe
- 1 cup of stew beef meat
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 chopped celery ribs
- 10 chopped baby carrots (regular carrots can also be used)
- 2 diced potatoes (if preferred can be pealed)
- 1 cup of corn (frozen)
- 1 cup of peas (frozen)
- 2 ripe diced tomatoes (if possible, use salt-free if using canned ones)
- 3 ½ cups of beef broth (or two cans of it)
- 2 leaves of a bay (prefer small leaves)
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil (or olive oil if possible)
- 4 cups of Drinking water
- 2 teaspoons of hot pepper sauce
- Start chopping, and first of all cut the beef meat into very small, bite-sized (approximately 1/2” each) pieces.
- Next set the flame on medium-high flame and then in a large bowl or an oven Dutch. Add one tablespoon of olive oil or any cooking oil. Additionally, add diced beef meat in it. Stir it until its side gets brown, remove it from the flame and set it aside in a plate.
- Prepare the next, take another pan and add the remaining one tablespoon oil into it. Now add celery and onion and sauté well until the onion gets golden brown that is about 10 to 12 minutes. Add browned meat to the pan. Along with it add water and broth. Also add tomatoes with all the juices and carrots, potatoes, corn, bay leaf and chopped garlic. Bring it to boil, after that, simmer the heat until the beef gets tender for at least an hour.
- Give the final touch add some peas along with hot sauce to the boiling soup. Cover the pot and reduce the flame so that the beef gets perfectly tender for another 30 minutes. Serve hot and fresh and garnish it with pepper, sauce if desired along with saltines (crumbled).
- To thicken the broth you can add a little more vegetable.
- You can also add some tomato paste and a can of black beans.