- ¼ cup of oil (prefer olive oil)
- 2 minced Garlic cloves
- 1 chopped Red Onions
- 10 chopped tomatoes (ripe tomatoes)
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs (Oregano)
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 450 grams of chopped spinach leaves
- 3 cups of cheese (preferably ricotta cheese or mozzarella cheese)
- 1 packet (box) of no-boiled lasagna
- 2 cups of parmesan cheese
- Salt as per taste
- Ground black pepper as per taste
- Turn the heat on and then add half the oil in a large saucepan, heat it on medium flame and 1 chopped garlic and ½ chopped red onion and saute it for 3 minutes. Add chopped tomato along with oregano, sugar, a leaf of a bay, salt and sugar and stir it for 5 minutes. Turn the heat on a medium-low flame. Then put on the lid after which cook for 20 minutes. Keep stirring continuously now and then. Add water/ vegetable stock/ white wine if required (if it dries up).
- Prepare the next in another large saucepan heat the remaining half oil on a medium flame. Add chopped garlic and chopped onion for another 3 minutes. Add some spinach leaves in small batches. Stir until its para-cooked then season it with crushed pepper and salt,
- Set the oven, turn on the oven up to 250-degree F
- Sauce it up, after tomato sauce gets ready to divide them into batches of 3. In first batch mix Ricotta cheese or mozzarella cheese.
- Layer it, start layering up for a perfect lasagne for the first layer make a layer of pasta at the bottom in a baking pan of 14 by 10-inch dimensions. For the second layer add spinach and top it up with a layer of tomato sauce using the second batch of tomatoes. Be careful while layering these two layers. Make use of a spoon or of a spatula to spread everything evenly and neatly make sure that it should cover the whole surface. For the third layer use layer of pasta. On the third layer put tomatoes and cheese mix on the top of pasta layer. And, for the next layer again spread a layer of pasta on it. On top of which add the remaining third batch of tomato sauce with the help of a spoon or a spatula spread it all over well and cover the whole surface. Add parmesan cheese on the top in such a way that it should cover every corner covering the entire surface with cheese.
- Give the final touch. Bake the lasagna in the preheated oven for 50 minutes. After it is cooked give it a rest of minimum 20 minutes so that it cools down a bit. Lasagna is ready to cut and server hot and nice.
You can also use Italian seasoning in place of the spices.
Add some purple onion & red pepper in the sauce to make it more delicious.