- 6 ounce of dried black beans
- 5 cups of water
- 1 chopped onion
- 10 ounces halved grape tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- Half cup of fresh cilantro
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Half teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of quinoa
- One-cup freshly chopped cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 3 cups of arugula or fresh spinach
- 1 ripe seeded and peeled avocado
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Rinse and drain the beans properly. Take a large saucepan and pour 3 cups of water. Add the beans to the pan and put it overheat. Bring this to boil and lower the flame. Keep it uncovered. Thereafter, remove the pan from heat and cover it with a lid. Allow it to stand for an hour. This will preserve its flavor. Drain the water and rinse it with fresh water.
- Coat an unheated crock pot with cooking spray. Put the beans in the cooker and stir the two cup of water that was kept aside. Add the onions, ground cumin, and half of the halved tomatoes.
- Cook it by covering the pot on low flame for ten hours or on high flame for 5 hours. Add the remaining tomatoes and stir the mixture. Now, add half cup cilantro, 1 tablespoon oil, lime juice, and salt to taste. Allow it to stand for 15 minutes to bring so that the flavors deep inside the vegetables.
- Toss the cilantro and quinoa together along with 1 tablespoon oil and salt to taste before serving it. Divide the chopped spinach into 6 separate plates, equally. Take out the quinoa mixture over the spinach and then the bean mix. Garnish it with lime wedges and avocado before serving.
NOTES – To clean your cooker easily, line it up with a disposable liner. Add the ingredients as described in the recipe above. Once you are done cooking, spoon out the mix from the crock pot and throw away the liner. Make sure that you do not transport or lift the disposable liner when there is food inside.