Breakfast Potluck Recipes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cups of chopped mushrooms
- 1 large size onion
- 2 chopped red potatoes
- 2 chopped bell peppers
- 2 spicy chorizo sausages, chopped
- 2 cups of packed kale
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 10 large sized eggs
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 1 ½ cup of cheddar, grated
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme leaves
- ½ cup of parmesan cheese
- Take a large frying pan and a put in on medium heat. Add olive oil to it. When the oil is warm, add mushrooms and onion. Sauté it till you notices the mushroom to be brown. Now, it is time to add the potatoes and the chorizo to the frying pan. Allow it cook. However, make sure that you stir it from time to time. Cook for 10 minutes or the till the potatoes are soft.
- Add the bell peppers to pan and cook for another two minutes. Take off the pan from heat and mix it up with kale. Add salt and pepper to taste. Take a 9×11 inch casserole and put all the vegetables. Add the cherry tomatoes and stir again.
- Take a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, thyme and paprika. Add both cheese and whisk again. Pour this mix over the vegetables in the casserole and mix them well till incorporated.
- Set the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and pre-heat it. Place the casserole in the oven and bake it for 40 minutes till the eggs have been cooked. Take it out and allow it to rest for a few minutes. Now, slice up and put it on a serving plate. Add thyme leaves and enjoy.
- If you want, you can cover up the casserole and store it in the refrigerator for 24 hours and take it out when you want to bake. Covering it up is important.
- The vegetables make the casserole look somewhat wet even after cooking. The right way to check if the dish is done by inserting a toothpick in the middle as you do while baking a cake. When the toothpick out comes clean, you will know that the casserole to be taken out.