- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 chopped sweet potato, medium size
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 head kale chopped into small pieces
- 2 cups of chopped mushrooms
- 18 beaten eggs
- 16 oz. of turkey sausage
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 ½ cups of mozzarella cheese
- Take a large skillet and put it on medium-high heat. Add olive oil and sweet potato. Now cover it up. Stir it from time to time until the sweet potato has become soft enough. However, this should still be a bit firm. This is going to take about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and mushrooms to the potato and continue cooking for 5 minutes or till the mushrooms has softened. Move these vegetables to the side of the skillet and add the sausage. Let it brown. When it is cooked, mix the sausage and the vegetables.
- Now, it is time to add the kale. Mix it and then cover it up again. Keep cooking till you notice the kale wilting or till you notice moisture at the bottom of the pan. Set your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and pre-heat. Grease the casserole and transfer the vegetable mix to the casserole. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Add the beaten eggs to the casserole and use a spoon for spreading it. The veggies need to be distributed evenly. Add grated cheese on top and put the casserole in the oven. Bake for 50 minutes or till the cheese appears golden brown. Take it out and allow it to cool for 10 minutes. Cut slices and serve with your preferred toppings.
- Pork sausage can also be used but you will have to drain out the excess fat.