Breakfast Recipes for High Blood Pressure
- ¼ cup of oats
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- ½ cup of chopped banana
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon of chopped dates
- 2 teaspoons of sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 thread of saffron
- Take the oats and soak in water for 3-4 minutes. Take another bowl and soak chia seeds in it. Soak it in water for ten minutes. Put a saucepan over medium flame. Add milk to it. Let it heat and in the meantime, add chopped banana, chopped dates, sliced almonds, and cinnamon powder. Allow the milk to boil while you stir constantly.
- Now, it is time to add the saffron thread. Reduce the flame while you add the soaked oats to the milk. Stir it properly to mix. Let the oat cook in the milk. This will take around 1 to 2 minutes.
- After about 1 minute or when you notice that porridge has the right kind of consistency and the oats are cooked properly, take out the pan from the heat. Allow it to rest for a few minutes. Take a bowl and pour the porridge.
- To make the porridge sweet, add honey to it. Take the out the soaked chia seeds and spread it over the porridge. This will give some extra nutrition.
- If you want, you can use fatless milk instead. Other nuts can also be added as per your preference. Also, you can add other fruits to the porridge such as chopped apples or some berries. This will make the dish more tasty and healthy.