- 3 cups of grated potato
- 2 tablespoons of vegan butter or olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- 12.3 ounces of tofu patted dry (extra-firm silken)
- 2 tablespoon of yeast
- 3 tablespoon of hummus
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 thinly sliced leeks, cleaned and dried
- ¾ cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of broccoli flower chopped
- Firstly, pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray non-stick spray a 9.5-inch pan for making a pie. Take the 3 cups of grated potatoes and put them over a clean towel. Squeeze the potatoes inside the towel to take out the excessive moisture. Now, add it to the sprayed dish. Add vegan butter and salt and pepper to taste. Toss for coating the potatoes in butter and seasoning. Use your finger and press them onto the pan evenly.
- Put it in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or till it has a golden brown color. Take it out and keep it side. After taking out the crust, lower the oven temperature to 400 degrees. Take all vegetables and add butter to it. Put them on the baking sheet. Now, toss it with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add salt and pepper and toss again. Make sure that seasonings are mixed properly. Put it in the oven and bake it till it is golden brown in color or for 30 minutes. Take it out and allow it to rest. Set the temperature of the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- For preparing the filling of tofu, take the tofu and put it in a food processor. Add hummus, yeast, salt, and pepper. Blend and keep it aside. Take a mixing bowl, add the prepared vegetables and add the tofu. Mix it properly to form an even blend. Take the mix and spread it over the crust evenly.
- Put the quiche and bake it at 375 degrees for 40 minutes or till the top is firm and golden brown in color. In case you notice that the crust has become excessively brown, tent the edges using the foil. Take it out from the oven and allow it cool. Thereafter, serve it with freshly chopped green onion and fresh herbs. You can store the leftovers for up to two days. Reheat it in the microwave before having.
- In case you are not a vegan, you can use regular butter. Coconut oil can also be used.
- The baking time is as per the quantities of ingredients mentioned. If you adjust the batch size then the baking time will also have to be adjusted.
- If you do not have leeks, you can also use chopped onion. Make sure you use one medium onion per 2 leeks.