- 1 pie dough
- 6 sliced bacons
- 2 sliced large size leeks
- Black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon of thyme leaves
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 6 oz. of gruyere grated
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- ½ cup of freshly chopped parsley
- Roll out the chilled dough in between two parchment papers into a circle of 16 inches. Take it and put it on a spring form pan. Lift and press it to the bottom and also at the pan sides. Chill this dough for an hour. Make sure that you that you poke the dough sides using a fork. Now, line it with non-stick foil but leave an about 4-inch overhang. Put the pie weights or baking beans and allow it to chill for 20 minutes.
- Set the oven to 425 degrees and pre-heat. Bake the pie crust for 15 minutes. Take out the pie weights and the foil. Cover up the edges using foil. Bake again for 8 minutes at 325 degrees.
- Take a skillet; add bacon and cook for 8 minutes or till it is crisp. Transfer it to a plate lined with paper towel. Now, add and the leeks and season it with pepper and salt with 2 tablespoons of dripping. Cook for 6 minutes or till it is soft. Add thyme and cook for another minute. Remove the pan and let it cool. Whisk eggs, milk, cream, mustard, salt, and pepper. Fold in parsley, gruyere, and the prepared leeks.
- Put the bacon at the bottom of your crust and add then the egg mix. Wrap it up with a foil. Put in on a baking sheet. Bake till it sets around the edge or inserts a knife for checking. It should come out without having runny eggs. It usually takes 1 hour and 30 minutes. Let the pan to cool for half an hour prior to demolding.
- You can prepare it beforehand and heat it up before having.