- 5 sheets of dough of phyllo
- 2 tablespoon of fresh capers
- 1 fresh white egg properly and finely whisked with 1 tablespoon of water ( only for the purpose of egg wash)
- 2 tablespoons of properly and finely chopped fresh sundried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of evenly and properly sliced black colored olives
- 1 lb wheel of cheese of Brie ( it should be 2.5 inches in radius)
- Pick an oven. Before you move on to further process for making your dish. Don’t forget to pick a working oven. After picking the oven, preheat it to a temperature to 350 degrees F (176 degree Celsius. Preheating the oven can save your valuable time. While preheating it, make sure that it does not gets overheated. Otherwise, it will result in the overcooking of the dish, which will ultimately alter the taste of the dish.
- Place the dough. After keeping the oven to preheat, move on for further processing. Now, pick up a paper or parchment or an entire baking sheet of mat-lined silicone. After this, place all of the 4 sheets of fresh dough of phyllo. All the 4 sheets of phyllo dough should be placed in different directions or way. For example, place one of the sheets horizontally, the other one should be placed vertically, and the rest of the 2 sheets of phyllo dough should be placed diagonally. This will help in creating as much of a circle as it will be possible. All the sheets of phyllo dough should be kept on the top of each other in the middle of in the center of the sheet of baking.
- Slice it. After placing all the sheets, it is high time for slicing the brie wheel. So, slice the brie wheel properly and evenly in ½ widthwise in a careful manner. Thereafter, set one of the half on the dough of phyllo in the middle or in the center. And then cut it carefully in a side up manner. Then, pile all the sundried tomatoes along with other ingredients such as 2 tablespoons of fresh capers and black olives on the top of the picked Brie. After this top, the dish with the half of the remaining Brie and cut it in a side down manner.
- Wrapping up. After this, carefully wrap up the dough of phyllo over the picked Brie. And then brush it with the egg wash to preserve and secure it. Now, top it with the rest of the sheet of dough of phyllo. Then again, brush it with egg wash, peeling off any of the scraps. After brushing it, bake the Brie for the duration of around 20 minutes. Or bake it until the phyllo dough becomes crispy and golden brown in color. Now, remove it from the oven. And it’s time to take some rest, so sit for the duration of around 20 to 30 minutes. And let it cool before serving the dish with apples, water crackers and fresh vegetables for some dipping. Now serve it in a medium-sized bowl and make sure to give some sauce with it which will ultimately enhance the taste of your dish.
- If you want to eat this delicious dish for more than 1 day, then you can easily preserve it by keeping it in a refrigerator. It can be preserved for the duration of about 2 to 3 days. While preserving it keep it in an airtight box.
- Instead of the phyllo dough, you can also use puff pastry but it will heavy and you won’t be able to make crunchy texture by it.