Cauliflower Rice Casserole
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Red onion chopped ¼ cup
- Yellow bell pepper chopped ¼ cup
- Green bell pepper chopped ¼ cup
- Red bell pepper chopped ¼ cup
- Jalapeno 2 chopped, de-seeded
- Ground cumin 1 tbsp
- Chili powder 1 tbsp
- Mozzarella cheese 1 cup
- Cayenne pepper 1 tsp
- Tomatoes canned, coarsely chopped 1 cup
- Cauliflower rice 3 cups
- Eggs 3 beaten
This casserole is one of the most filling and healthiest casseroles of its type. You can make this casserole for a large scale party. Or you can serve this casserole as lunch or dinner to your friends and family.
- First, start by preheating the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or microwave convection at 180 degrees Celsius. Meanwhile, take a deep iron skillet and throw in the olive oil, let it heat up. Once heated throw in the red onions, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, green bell pepper, and jalapenos.
- Stir and saute them for 10 minutes. Then add in the ground cumin and chili powder, stir for another minute. Now add in the tomatoes, cayenne pepper, and cauliflower rice, turn the flame to high and wait for the tomatoes to start bubbling up.
- Once they do, lower the flame and close the skillet with a lid for about 10 minutes. The flavors will get incorporated really nice. After, stir the mixture well and then add in the beaten eggs and mix nicely so they are properly combined.
- Now line the shredded mozzarella cheese all over the skillet evenly. Put the pan inside the oven and bake it for 30 minutes. The eggs are cooked through and cheese becomes brown is when your casserole is ready. Before serving, let it rest for ten minutes. Serve.
Make sure to always saute the vegetables before, if you add them to the casserole raw, it will lose water and make the casserole soggy and unfit to eat.