Chicken Broccoli Teriyaki
- 4 cups of fresh broccoli
- 1 large and diced into 1 inch cubes boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil of your preference
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- ½ cup of soya sauce, low-sodium
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- ¼ cup of dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon of cornstarch
Obsessed is one way to describe this recipe but most importantly, easy.
It takes no time to make it and it is one of our favorite dishes to make now. I make it at least once a week because of how quickly it comes together (yes, really, 20 minutes!) which is super helpful for me during weeknights after work.
- Take a small bowl to add minced garlic, soya sauce, and water along with rice vinegar, brown sugar and cornstarch. Now whisk it and set it aside for a while. Take another water-pot of medium size. This easy 20-minute teriyaki chicken and broccoli formula will be one that you keep on your feast list of options rotation weekly.
- Boil the water and add the given broccoli to it. Boil it for 5 minutes on a medium flame and blanch the broccoli and transfer it to a bowl of water and ice in it, in order to stop the cooking process.
- Now set this aside for a while. Take a skillet, add some vegetable oil over medium flame and brown the chicken from both the sides, once the chicken is tender and the well-drained broccoli and let it cook on a low flame.
- Now pour the sauce and let it thicken as it cooks for over 5 mins with the chicken and broccoli. Let the ingredients mix well and absorb flavors, then toss the ingredients until everything is coated perfectly.
- In case you’re using frozen broccoli, make sure you thaw the broccoli perfectly and drain the extra water.
- You may serve chicken teriyaki and broccoli along with noodle as a lo-mein style noodles.
Make sure no consumer is allergic to ingredients like broccoli or corn-starch. Safety first.