Chicken Fajita Bowl
- Breast piece of chicken (tenderloins, 4)
- White rice (2 cups)
- Thinly sliced pepper of poblano (1)
- Thinly sliced red pepper (1)
- Small sized thinly sliced onions (1)
- Drained and well rinsed beans (black, 2 cans)
- Corn that is drained (1 can)
- Seasoning of fajita (1 tablespoon)
- Oil of olive (1 tablespoon)
- Cheese that is shredded (1 cup)
- Cream that is sour
- Sauce that is salsa (2-3 tablespoons)
Chicken Fajita Bowls is a great choice of Mexican meals that one can cook at home. It is a family-friendly and healthy dish that one can cook at any time of the day without any inconvenience.
- Take a medium sized skillet and heat it beforehand on medium flame. Once the skillet is warm, add oil of olive. In this skillet, you need to add drizzle of some chicken, sliced onions, pepper of poblano and in the end add half of the seasoning of fajita. Cook this mix for about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Keep flipping the pan midway till you are sure that the chicken is cooked thoroughly. Then, take out all the ingredients from the pan and put it aside. In this skillet only, add can of corn along with beans that are black. To this blend, you are now required to add the rest of the seasoning of fajita.
- Cook this mixture for almost 4 minutes till the beans and corn are warm. Finally, you now need to assemble your chicken fajita bowl. Fill this bowl with rice first and top it with chicken. Put onions, red pepper, corn and black beans on the top of the chicken.
- Do not preserve the bowl for any more than 2 hours.
- Do not cook the chicken more than needed.
- You can use brown rice as well.
- You can use green beans or pinto beans instead of black beans.
- You can add extra seasoning to your fajita bowl.