Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- 1 pound of small sized potatoes (red); should be halved
- 1 teaspoon of divided salt of kosher
- 2 pounds of skin-on thighs on chicken; bones should be removed
- 2 tablespoons of juice which is squeezed out of fresh lemon
- 2 tablespoons of oregano (should be dried)
- 1 ½ tablespoons of divided oil of olive
- 1 minced clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of basil which is dried
- 2 medium sized yellow or red pepper (bell); should be seeded, cored and properly sliced (strips of ½ inch)
- ¼ teaspoon of freshly pepper (black ground)
With a trusty pan of the sheet, 5 or 6 staples of the pantry, and around half an hour of cooking, you can actually have a delicious dinner on your table at any night of your weekend with this recipe.
- First of all, arrange a rack properly in the oven’s middle and then heat it to around 400 degrees F. then place a rimmed sheet of baking in that oven while it is heating. Season it with potatoes and chicken with salt (3/4 tsp). Place the prepared chicken with its skin side downwards in baking sheets center. Then, add all potatoes, cut it side down, and place them completely around the sheet of baking. Now, roast it for only 15 mins.
- In the meantime, place juice of lemon, garlic, dried oregano, 1 tbsp oil, and basil in a bowl of small size. Whisk them in order to combine, set it aside. Place all the peppers with rest of the oil and rest of salt in a bowl of medium size and then toss it again for combining; set it aside.
- Flip the skin side up of the chicken. And then brush the prepared chicken with a mixture of lemon-herb. And then, around chicken scatter the remaining peppers.
- Bake the prepared dish until the potatoes and chicken becomes crispier. The peppers become brown around its edges i.e. for 15 more minutes. Allow it to be cool on the sheet for only 9 mins before serving the dish.
- The leftovers of this dish can be preserved in a container which is airtight in a refrigerator for a maximum of 4 days.
- You can leave oregano if you don’t like it.
Make sure that while brushing the chicken it is completely brushed otherwise it will not help in enhancing the taste of it.