Chocolate Brownie Cake Recipe
- 1 cup melted butter (unsalted)
- 2¼ cups of sugar
- 1¼ cups of Dutch-process cocoa
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of espresso powder (optional), needed only for enhancing the chocolate flavor
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup of water
- 1½ cups of All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts/ raisins/ almonds/ pecans (optional)
- 1 cup of chocolate chips (optional)
A chocolate brownie is the best way to kick your mood swings and to relax your sugar cravings. It is perfect for birthday parties, anniversary celebrations and other important events of your lives. Have a look at the following recipe to enjoy this wonderful and flavorful chocolate brownie.
- Preheat the oven you would be using for baking the delicious brownies at 350°F. Take a pan (9 inches x 13 inches) and lightly grease it.
- Add the melted butter and sugar into the pan and stir until the sugar dissolves with the melted butter. Add cocoa, baking powder, salt, vanilla extract, and espresso powder into the pan.
- Beat in the eggs and mix the mixture inside the pan until it becomes smooth. Add the All-Purpose Flour, nuts, chocolate chips into the batter and give it a quick mix.
- Shift the pan inside the preheated oven and bake it for 28 to 30 minutes. Take out the pan from the oven and then let the brownie cool. Cut it into pieces and enjoy it with your family.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt only if you are using unsalted butter. In case you choose to use salted butter then reduce the quantity of salt to ½ teaspoon.
- Once the timer of the oven goes off, check the brownie by inserting a toothpick into it. The brownie is fit to be served when the toothpick comes out clean.
- The brownie should look set at the edges and also the center.
Let the brownie cool down before serving it. Before being served the brownie will be like chocolate cake but it will get the brownie-like texture only after cooling down.