- 225g of All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 150g of caster sugar
- 50g of butter (room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- Vanilla essence
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat your oven. Bring it to 180oC or 350oF. Apply grease lightly and baseline a 900g loaf tin. Take caster sugar, eggs, and butter. Put them into a mixing bowl and beat them together until creamy. Scrape down the bowl every 30 seconds to mix the contents thoroughly.
- Next, take the mashed bananas and the vanilla essence. Mix them into the bowl containing the previous mixture and then beat on low speed. Make sure that the mixture is evenly mixed and that there are no big slices of banana left in it.
- Sieve the flour, cinnamon, and soda. Add them into the mixture and stir until it is evenly mixed.
- Transfer the contents of the bowl into the prepared tin. Bake the batter for about 40 – 50 minutes until the mixture rises and turns golden brown. You could also use a toothpick instead to insert into the mixture and if it comes out clean; your bread is ready to be taken out of the oven.
- Keep the tin aside for about ten minutes to cool its contents. Then transfer it into a wire tray to cool. Now it’s time to serve the cinnamon banana bread with your friends and family. Serve it with butter for better taste.
- You can use any other essence for more flavors.
- Ensure that the flour is mixed evenly.