Creamy Pasta Recipes
- ½ medium sized yellow onion; should be properly diced
- 2 tablespoon of flour
- 2 cups of pure milk
- 1 ½ cup of properly shredded cheese of parmesan
- 12 ounces of baby Portobello fresh mushrooms, evenly sliced
- 3 tablespoon of extra virgin oil of olive
- Pepper and salt; as per requirement
- 2 cloves of garlic; properly minced
- ½ lb. of pasta
- Cook the pasta. First of all, cook the obtained pasta in water (water should be very salty). And cook it until it is al dente. Now, drain it and set it aside. Then, return the pot of pasta to a stove. And then, add the oil of olive and subsequently turn the flame to medium. Add the yellow onion and garlic to the oil of olive and thereafter sauté it until the onion becomes soft i.e. for a time duration of around 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms. After sautéing the onion properly add the evenly sliced mushrooms to the oil of olive. After this, cook it until they become brown in color i.e. for a time duration of approx. 5 minutes. Add the pepper and salt in it as per taste and then stir in order to combine. Now, you should be able to notice some liquid in your skillet with all the mushrooms – this is exactly what you want! But if your pan is still dry, then add one more tablespoon or so of oil of olive, so that you can have enough liquid in order to form a proper roux in the next step.
- Add flour to mixture. Now, add the flour to the mixture of mushroom and then stir it in order to help the flour soak up any of the liquid in order to form a roux. And then, cook it for a time duration of 1 minute. After this, slowly add all the milk to the mushrooms, and keep stirring it constantly in order to break up any of the chunks of flour.
- Cook it. Now, cook it for approx. 7 minutes, stir it occasionally, by the time the sauce has become thick. And then, remove the obtained sauce from flame and stir in all the properly shredded cheese of parmesan. Now, add the properly cooked pasta to the prepared sauce and then toss it in order to combine. Your delicious dish is completely ready, so serve it immediately.
- If you are a pure vegan, then use some vegetarian cheese of parmesan i.e. tries to look for cheese of parmesan which is made without any rennet.
- Make sure to shred the cheese of parmesan by you to get the best results. Remember that, pre-shredded parmesan cheese very often has some preservatives applied it in that prevents the parmesan cheese from getting melted smoothly.