Creamy Tomato Pasta Recipe
- ½ onion; it should be finely chopped
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoon or 30 g of butter (unsalted)
- 300 g or 10 ounces of spaghetti
- ½ cup of milk (should be low in fat)
- ¾ cup of finely and freshly grated parmesan
- 1 cup of puree of tomato
- ¾ cup of cream (thickened)
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable stock powder or chicken
- 1 teaspoon of basil (should be dried)
- Finely ground salt or pepper
- Cook the pasta. First of all, cook the pasta in a big sized pot of boiling water for some time per each packet minus total 2 minutes. Just when it starts draining, scoop out a good mug full of cooking water of pasta. And then, melt all the butter in a large sized skillet over medium flame. Now, add onion, garlic until they become translucent i.e. for about 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Now, add all the rest of the ingredients. And then stir it until the parmesan is properly melted. Thereafter, turn the flame up slightly and then simmer it for around 2 minutes. Also, add salt as per taste.
- Add the pasta. Now, add pasta and toss it for a time duration of about 1 to 2 minutes. Or toss it until the sauce becomes thick and it is clinging to pasta in place of swimming it on the skillet’s base. And then use the reserved cooking water of the prepared pasta if needed to make the sauce thin if it has become very thick. Now, your dish is ready, so, serve it without wasting any time, and garnish it with more parsley and parmesan if required. Try to serve the dish until it is warm.
- Remember that you should not try this recipe with the grated parmesan bought from the store as most of them do not melt completely in the obtained sauce.
- The obtained stock powder enhances the flavor to the sauce rather than just using salt. If you do not have it, then you can also add some additional parmesan as per taste.