Crunchy, Cheesy & Healthy Nacho Platter
- 1 Standard Size Bag, Tortilla Chips
- ½ cup, mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup, cheddar cheese
- 1 cup, tomatoes chopped and deseeded
- 1 cup, onion chopped
- 1 cup, Kidney beans (boiled)
- ½ cup, black olives chopped
- 1, capsicum chopped
- 3 tbsp., olive oil
- 1 medium, onion chopped
- 3-4 medium, tomatoes deseeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp., Jalapenos chopped
- 1 tbsp. Tomato puree
- ½ tsp., Paprika powder
- 1 chopped, green chili
- ½ tsp. Dried thyme
- 1/2tsp., dried oregano
- ½ tsp. Rosemary
- 1 tsp., Brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp., black pepper
- In frying pan, add olive oil, onion, garlic, tomatoes, brown sugar, jalapenos and mix well.
- Add tomato puree, paprika powder, green chili, dried thyme, dried oregano, rosemary, black pepper powder and salt, mix well and cook on high flame for 1-2 minutes & set aside.
- Line a baking tray with a butter paper.
- Spread tortilla chips onto a baking sheet
- Now put red kidney beans over chips along with tomatoes and capsicum.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella & cheddar cheese, olives and onions over the chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put the baking tray over the top rack
- Bake for approximately 6 to 8 minutes.
- Serve warm with sour cream and salsa.
- To cook dry kidney beans, soak them overnight and then boil them or pressure cook them till the beans can be easily crushed between two fingers.