Delicious Broccoli and Cheese Soup for Your Kids
Broccoli is very good for health, we all know that, but making our kids eat broccoli is one hell of a task. It is a smart way of hiding the broccoli in dishes so that they do not say no to consume it. If you are someone who faces a hard time in feeding your children broccoli, then this soup will be a great recipe for you. Be smart and come up with some delicious recipes which include healthy veggies and conceal them so that the children do not abstain from having it. For more soup recipes be sure to Click Right Here.
- 1 chopped onion
- Take half a cup of butter
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup of water
- 16 ounce package frozen broccoli
- 4 cans of 14.5 ounce chicken broth
- Take one loaf processed cheese and cut it in form of a cube.
- The prep time of this dish is 10 minutes and it takes 30 minutes to cook.
- First up take a stockpot and melt the butter over medium heat.
- Next, you will have to cook the onion in the butter until it is softened
- Next, add in the broccoli and stir it well, after which you will have to add the chicken broth and simmer it for at least 10 to 15 minutes till the broccoli softens.
- Now reduce the heat and mix in the cheese, continue to stir so that the cheese melts away and add in the garlic powder. Now you will have to pour in the milk and continue cooking till the soup thickens.
- Now taking a small bowl, add some water and to that, add the cornstarch. Stir and dissolve the cornstarch and add it to the soup, while continuously stirring so that there are no lumps.
- On a low heat, continue cooking the soup till it thickens and garnish with some cut broccoli toad to the beauty.
The soup is really healthy and delicious at the same time. If you are diet conscious you can prepare this soup once in a while and reduce the amount of cheese in it. This soup is sure to be a hit with kids and an easy way to feed them broccoli. Soups are great fillers in in-between meals, so if your kid feels hungry at odd times of the day and you do not wish that they indulge in binge eating and snacking then such a soup will be a delicious alternative. Your family will definitely going to enjoy this tasty dish and the fact that this is easy prepare is the cherry on the cake. It will not take up too much of your time and you can easily have it with croutons or nicely toasted browned bread. It can prove to be a quick meal on days you feel lazy or do not have the time to prepare an elaborate meal. Just make sure to pick up fresh and preservative free ingredients to increase the potency of this recipe.