- ¾ cup cooled coffee
- 1 banana, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 to 2 spoons of vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
Do you like coffee? Do you want a healthy breakfast? Though, coffee is not good for health, turning it into a smoothie is one of the things you can do. It adds the protein, the sugar and the energy you need for a yummy start of the day. A slightly better way of consuming caffeine, you can say.
- Take a bowl. First, let them the frozen bananas get to room temperature. This is important. If you have fresh bananas, you are good to go. Just cut them in halves.
- Have your coffee prepared? Prepare your cup of coffee the way you like it. And, then let it cool down. You may add sugar if you like or skip it here if you would add honey later.
- Grab your blender. Having a good blender is the first thing in making a smoothie. If it has inbuilt mesh or sieve, that is much better. So, put the yogurt, banana, coffee, protein powder and blend it for like 10 seconds. If you need it a bit more sweetened, add the honey. It is optional though. Blend it for another 10 seconds. Serve it in a glass.
You may add ice cubes if you like but you have to blend little more with it too.
Do not use a coffee brand or flavor that you don’t like on its own.