- 1 kg of finely chopped, properly washed and completely dried fish
For the Purpose of Marination
- 2 teaspoons of crushed ginger to paste
- 3 teaspoons of totally powdered turmeric
- 3 teaspoons of salt
- 2 tablespoon of paste of garlic
- 2 teaspoon of curd (yogurt)
For the Main Dish
- 2 cup oil of mustard
- Wash the fish. The fish fry is definitely the easiest recipe as a starter and one can prepare it without putting in much efforts. And anybody can prepare it at his/her home with their choice of spices. So, before starting to accumulate all the ingredients. Then, wash the fish neatly and properly to avoid the chances of food poisoning. Make sure that the fish is washed by running water. Pat the fish dry and keep it aside in a proper strainer until the water is totally drained out of it.
- Marinate with ingredients. Pick up a medium sized tray with curd (yogurt), the paste of ginger, the paste of garlic, salt and some turmeric. If you want to make this dish a bit spicier and also want to make it more flavorsome, then add properly chopped chilies (green). In addition to the green chilies add some leaves of finely chopped coriander. However, it may alter the traditional and authentic taste of fish fry. But at the same time, it will also enhance and increase the taste of the appetizer. Except for the oil, add all of the ingredients to the given fish. And mix them well with each other. After mixing it well, set it aside for the duration of about 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil. Now it is high time to heat the oil. So, heat the oil in a frying pan (deep) in order to shallow fry the given pieces of fish one by one. Make sure to keep the flame low. After this, drain the pieces of fried fish completely and make sure it is totally drained. Then, place it after draining on a paper (absorbent) to remove the surplus oil. Serve the hot fish fry with some green chutney. You can also serve this dish with a sauce of mustard or any kind of dip.
- You can take any fish as per your taste. To make the dish more delicious, add some red chili.
- Rather than serving it with the green chutney, you can serve it with any sauce or any other topping or stuffing as per your taste.