- 1 large sized onion, finely and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons of oil of olive
- 3 large cloves of garlic, properly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb (approx. 250gram/ 9oz), gingerly and thinly sliced
- 1 heaped teaspoon seeds of coriander, just lightly crushed
- 2 (400g) cans of properly chopped tomatoes with some herbs
- 150 ml of wine (white)
- 1 tablespoon of juice of a fresh lemon
- Average pinch of saffron
- 1 leaf of bay
- 900 gram of blended skinless fillets of fish (anything you desire) chop into chunks
- 1 small sized bunch of flat leaf of parsley, leaves should be roughly chopped
- 350 gram of raw king prawn (peeled)
- 75 gram of finely grated parmesan
- Green salad for serving a purpose (not compulsory)
- 50 gram of coarse breadcrumbs (dried) or panko
- Pick a saucepan. Heat the oil of olive in a large sized, wide non-stick sauté pan. Then, gently fry the fennel, onion, garlic, and seeds of coriander for approx. 15 mins. Keep it stirring regularly until all the vegetables are lightly colored and softened. Pour the white wine into the saucepan. Then add the tomato purée, tomatoes, leaf of bay and saffron. Season it and bring it immediately to a gentle and light simmer. Cook it for approximately 15 minutes; stir it occasionally, until it becomes thick.
- Heat the oven. Heat your oven to 200C/220C gas. Then stir the juice of a lemon and most of the chopped parsley into the mixture of tomato. Then, pop the pieces of raw fish and king prawns on the top and stir it well. Cover it tightly with a proper lid. Simmer it gently and lightly over medium flame for about 5 minutes. Or stir it until the fish is just about cooked. Again stir it 3-4 times while the fish is cooking. Make sure that it doesn’t break up.
- Ladle the tomato. Ladle the tomato (hot) and the mixture of fish into 6 separate pie dishes. All 6 will require to hold approx. 350ml. Then, mix the breadcrumbs, cheese, a small ground black pepper, and the remaining parsley together and sprinkle it over the top. For about 20 mins, bake it on a tray of baking or until the pie dishes turns to a golden brown and starts bubbling. Serve the dish with green salad.
- Simmer the mixture of fish for an additional 2-3 mins to enhance the crunch.
- For the serving purpose, thaw the pies whole night in the refrigerator then bake it over 25 mins.
- You can adjust the no. of pie dishes as per your convenience.