Easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- Chicken thighs bone-in (2 ½ pounds)
- Grounded divided black pepper (1 ¼ teaspoon)
- Salt (½ teaspoon)
- Oil of canola (1 tablespoon)
- Chopped large sized onion (1)
- Minced cloves of garlic (1)
- A broth of chicken (10 cups)
- Chopped celery ribs (4)
- Chopped medium sized carrots (4)
- Leaves of Bay (2)
- Fresh minced thyme (1 teaspoon) or dried thyme (¼ teaspoon)
- Egg noodles (8 ounces) or Kluski that is uncooked (3 cups)
- Freshly chopped parsley (1 tablespoon)
- Take dry paper towels and pat the chicken. Take ½ teaspoon of black grounded pepper and salt and sprinkle it over this chicken. Now, take a stockpot and warm oil of canola on a medium-high flame and add this chicken in different parts. Cook this chicken till it turns to a dark golden-brown color for at least 3 to 4 minutes. After this, remove the chicken from the pan and discard its skin. Also, discard the drippings but keep side 2 tablespoons of it as a reserve.
- Heat the onion, after it is added to the drippings. Stir these onions on a medium-high flame until soft. This will take 4-5 minutes. Also, add minced garlic cloves and cook the dish for 1 minute extra. Now add the broth and stir the brown loose pieces in the pan till it boils up a bit. Now focus on the chicken again. Add leaves of bay, celery and carrots, and fresh or dried thyme and reduce the flame to dim and cover the pan until the chicken is soft. This will take 25 to 30 minutes.
- Place the chicken, on a plate and remove all soup from the heat. Add the egg noodles and let it stand while it is covered. The noodles will be soft and tender in 20 to 22 minutes.
- Cool down the chicken, and once that happens, disintegrates the bones and the meat. Discard these bones and shred the meat into a bitable size. Add this meat to the stockpot and add parsley and lemon juice to it. Stir the dish and season it with salt and black pepper. Discard the bay leaves and serve immediately.
- You can use chicken breasts instead of chicken thighs.
- You are free to exclude lemon and thyme from the dish.