Easy Homemade Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
- Butter or Margarine (1/3 cup)
- Chopped onion (1/3 cup)
- All-purpose flour (1/3 cup)
- Salt (1/2 teaspoon)
- Black grounded pepper (1/4 teaspoon)
- Chicken broth – Progresso (2 cups)
- Milk (1/2 cup)
- Shredded turkey or shredded cooked chicken (3 cups)
- Thawed, frozen mixed vegetables (2)
- Take an oven and heat it to 425°F. Create crusts of the pie as shown on the box for two crust pies and use a 9-inch pan pie made of glass for that purpose.
- Melt the butter on medium flame in a 2-quarter saucepan. Add chopped onions and stir them. Stir them until they are soft and brown in color. Then, take flour and stir it with salt and pepper till all of it mixes well. Then, move forward by stirring broth and milk. Cook and stir until all of it is thick and bubbly in texture.
- Bake the dish for half an hour or 40 minutes till the crust is golden brown in color. When the baking process is coming to an end, i.e. somewhat between 15 to minutes, cover the edges of the crust with foil strips to avoid extra browning. Keep the dish idle for 5 minutes before you serve.
- You can use a ceramic plate instead of a glass plate.
- Add chopped fresh sage to better the taste of the dish and its sauce.
- You can add salad to the dish as well.