- Cleaned shrimps – 20
- Oyster sauce – 2 tablespoons
- Red chilli sauce – ½ tablespoon
- Dark soy sauce – 5 tablespoons
- Cooked egg noodles – 300 grams
- Rice vinegar – 2 tablespoons
- Seasame oil – 2 table spoons
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Black pepper powder – ¼ tablespoon
- Red chilli powder – 1 tablespoon (for spicy dish)
- Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoon
- Finely chopped carrots – ½ cup
- Onions – 2 (Chopped)
- Beans – ½ cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Minced ginger – 3 tablespoons
- Minced garlic – 3 tablespoons
- Pinch of salt
- Cabbage – 1 cup
Shrimp chowmein is one of the best street dishes which are available in most countries and this is a fun food to have during parties or with friends. If you are looking for something different using common ingredients, then this is the recipe you must follow.
- Mix shrimps with black pepper powder, red chili powder, lemon juice and salt in a bowl. Keep it closed for 15 minutes. Take another bowl and add dark soy sauce, Oyster sauce, vinegar, red chili sauce, sesame oil, and honey to it. Mix it well. Keep it aside.
- Now heat the oil in a pan. Now slowly add minced garlic and then ginger to the pan on low flame. Fry it for 10 seconds.
- Then add chopped onions, cabbage, carrots, beans and sauté for a while. Now pour the cooked egg noodles and the mixture of sauce you had kept in a bowl a while ago. Mix everything well together.
You can add any other vegetable if you wish. Just see to it that you properly clean and chop them.
- Toss the dish well as soon as you add sauce and noodles. Otherwise, the flavor will not come out consistently well.
- Don’t overcook the noodles.