This article gives you an insight on how to eat healthy and stay fit. You will be able to lose weight and stay fit and healthy every single day by following the tips mentioned here.
Stick to low carb and real foods
Everyone you come across is talking about low-carb diet to stay fit and healthy. So, what does this actually mean? It basically means that you will have to reduce or totally avoid the intake of sugars and starchy foods and replace them with foods that are rich in proteins and also has healthy fats. Real foods are foods that evolve in the nature and not ones that are processed with chemicals and other stuffs. Sticking on to a low carbohydrate real food is actually not a diet regime that you need to follow, but it has to be your way of life and implementing this in your life will help you to stay fit and healthy and free from all lifestyle diseases.
Foods to avoid
The following are some of the foods that you should completely avoid or intake in minimum portions to lead a healthy life.
- Artificial sweeteners: If you need to choose sweeteners, then it is important for you to choose natural sweeteners. Never go for artificial sweeteners as they can make you put on weight easily and also cause some diseases.
- Low Fat Products: The low fat and healthy products that you find in the grocery stores are highly processed foods that are devoid of any essential nutrients and have unnatural chemicals. It is better to avoid them to stay fit.
- Vegetable and Seed Oils: All vegetable and seed oils like corn oil, soybean oil, etc., needs to be taken in moderation only as they are processed fats that contain high amount of Omega-6 fatty acids.
- Trans Fat foods: You should stay away from processed foods as they contain trans-fats that are actually chemically altered fats. They are really bad for your health.
- Sugar: Taking in extra sugar every day will lead to obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases and high blood pressure. You should avoid added sugar foods.
- Grains: If you do not want to increase your weight, then you should avoid gluten rich grains like barley, wheat, spelt, etc. You can take healthier grains like oats and rice if you are not worried about losing weight.
Awesome foods to eat
You need to take in unprocessed and natural foods that nature has to offer. The following are some of the foods that will make you healthy. As mentioned in this article ‘It does not Cost Much to Eat Healthy’ eating healthy and unprocessed foods actually saves you from spending more on your health. If you are an exercise freak and do not want to lose weight, then there is no one stopping you from eating tubers like potatoes, sweet potatoes or grains like oats and rice. You should avoid all foods rich in carbohydrates if you have metabolic issues. The foods that you can eat in moderation are:
- Meat: unprocessed beef, lamb, pork, chicken, etc., is good.
- Fish: Rich in omega 3 fatty acids and has loads of nutrients.
- Eggs: Yolk is full of nutrients and omega 3.
- Vegetables and fruits: They are rich in fiber and nutrients.
Seeds and nuts: They need to be held in moderation every day as they have good fat and lots of nutrients.