- 1 pound of thin bacon
- 1 diced onion
- Butter for pan
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 1 seeded and diced jalapeno
- ¼ cup of half and half
- Freshly ground pepper
- 8 large size eggs
- ¾ cup of Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- ¾ cups of cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 tortilla made from whole-wheat
- Sour cream
- Slices of avocado to use as a topping
- Home-made or store-bought salsa or pico de gallo to serve
- Take a large skillet and put it on medium heat. Add bacon slices to the pan. Fry them till they are crisp enough. When done, take them out on a plate lined with paper towel. Discard the excess grease from the pan.
- Put the same skillet on the high heat once again. Add 2 tablespoons of butter. When it melts, add the bell peppers, onions, and the jalapenos to the hot skillet. Cook the veggies and stir them from time to time. Make sure that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. Cook till the onions are soft and golden brown in color. In the meantime, take a mixing bowl; add eggs, half-and-half, salt, and pepper. Mix it well. Now, pour it over the skillet of vegetables. You will have to scoot the egg around the skillet. Use a spatula for doing this. Cook till the eggs are done. Now turn off the heat and allow it to rest.
- For assembling the skillet, set it on a skillet or griddle on medium heat. Now, add some butter to this. Take the Monterey Jack and cheddar and add it to the skillet. Place a tortilla on the girdle and then put a layer of cheese in it along with the veggies and eggs. Top it up with bacon, avocado, and another layer of cheese. Finish it up with another tortilla. Cook both the sides of the tortilla and make sure that it is cooked through. Flip it and cook till the cheese melts. Do the same with the remaining ingredients and tortillas.
- Slice them up in 4 wedges each and put them on a plate. Serve with salsa or pico de gallo or sour cream.
- You can store the quesadillas in zip lock bags and microwave them when you are ready to eat.