- 1 baguette loaf
- 3 large size eggs
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 3 tablespoons of water or milk
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 peeled and pitted large size avocado
- Tomatoes chopped
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Take a baking sheet and grease it lightly. Now, set your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and pre-heat it. Put the baguette on a flat platform and cut it in about 15-16 slices. Lay these cut slices on a baking sheet. Make sure that you brush the baguette with olive oil. Put them in the oven and bake it for five minutes or till is toasted and brown in color.
- Take a small mixing bowl; add the eggs and water or milk. Whisk it nicely till it has blended properly. Put a medium size skillet over a low-medium flame and allow it to heat up. Add butter to the skillet and let it melt. Make sure that the butter coats the bottom portion of the pan entirely.
- Now, it is time to pour the egg mix over the skillet. When your eggs start cooking, you will have to push and pull every side of the egg. Use your spatula for doing this. Does this till the egg has cooked through and there isn’t any liquid left in the pan.
- Put off the flame and take out the skillet on to a platform. Add salt and pepper to taste to the egg mix. However, make sure that you do not overpower with salt. Add only a pinch of it. Take another bowl and add the avocados. Mash them to form an even mix. There should not be any lumps in it. Add salt and lemon juice to the mix. Mix it well with the avocado mash.
- Spread out the bread slices on a plate and divide the avocado mix amongst them. You will have spread it evenly on top of the bread slices. The top portion of the bread should be entirely covered. Also, divide the scrambled eggs among the slices of bread. This too should be spread evenly. After this, add some chopped tomatoes over the egg. Add grated or shredded parmesan cheese. Serve it hot and enjoy.
- You can use other vegetable oil instead of olive oil such as coconut. Nonetheless, this might have an impact on the taste.
- Prepare the egg and the avocado mix and store it in a container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. However, make sure that you take it out of the refrigerator sometime before having and heat it in the oven.
- Chopped cilantro and jalapeno can also be used for garnishing the avocado and egg. This will make this a little more polished.