For Chilli Chicken
- Some 350 to 400 gms boneless chicken chunks
- 2 tablespoon corn flour
- 5 tablespoon regular flour
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon red chili sauce
- 4 to 8 finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon vinegar (optional)
- 1 egg
- 2 finely chopped green chilies
- 1 cup chopped green capsicum
- 1 cup spring onion, cubes
- 1 cup finely chopped spring onion
- 1/2 cup red wine, your favorite
- Frying oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
The wine-dipped chili chicken is a wonderful recipe to devour. Because of the spices, it is best for winter and cold evenings. You can pair it with some fried rice or noodles and you are good to go. It takes less time to prepare too and all can enjoy.
- Bring a large bowl. Put the chicken pieces and everything under “for chili chicken” in it. Mix it well. The coating should be uniform for a nice taste. You can cool it in a refrigerator for half an hour if you have time.
- Take a frying pan. Pour the oil and allow it to heat properly. Then, in small batches, fry the chicken pieces properly. When they have a nice coating and look tender set them aside.
- Take another pan. Add the ingredients under “for sauce” and some more oil and start frying them properly. The wine is added later with a cup of water. When it boils, add the chicken, simmer for 3 minutes and serve.
Don’t use vinegar if you use wine.