- Evaporated milk -¾ cup
- Vanilla essence-1/4 teaspoon
- 3 eggs
- Hot water-1/2 cup
- Sugar-1/2 cup
- Mixed fruit candy pieces-1 cup
- Salt-1/3 teaspoon
- Active yeast-¼ ounce
- Multi-purpose flour-4 cups
- Shortening-1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar – 1 cup
- Milk- 3 tablespoons
- Resins – ¼ cup
- Soak resins in a mixture of hot water and rum overnight. Put yeast in a bowl. Pour water to it. Wait till it dissolves in water well.
- Now, take the eggs in small bowl and grate them well. And using a stirrer, stir dissolved yeast with whisked egg, 1 cup flour, evaporated milk, shortening, and salt. Later add candied fruit it.
- See to it that at last soft dough is formed. Keep adding the remaining flour till then. Then transfer this dough into a greased vessel. Keep it there for 90 minutes.
- Drain the soaked resins and stir it with butter and citron. Pour this mixture into the dough.
- Now knead the dough well. Again, keep aside the dough cover for 40 minutes.
- Take out the dough and bake it for 30 minutes under 390° and let it cool down. Now mix vanilla, powdered sugar in a cup. Then keep adding milk tablespoon wise till the consistency is formed. Sprinkle this mixture onto the bread.
You can decorate the bread at last with the eateries like chocolate sauce, candies etc.
Don’t put more egg or milk. See to it that you punch the dough well while kneading to make it soft.