- 1 cup raisins
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 ¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ cup softened margarine
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 cup warm water (45 degrees C)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Gently warm the milk. Heat the milk till it almost boils. Remove the saucepan from heat as soon as bubbles appear and allow it to cool until lukewarm.
- Prepare the dough. Set aside yeast dissolved in warm water until it’s foamy. Into a bowl, mix in eggs, raisins, butter/margarine, and salt and slowly mix in cooled milk. Gradually add the flour to create proper dough.
- Knead the dough. Lightly flour a surface and knead the dough on it for a few minutes. After that place the dough on a big mixing bowl which is greased and then greases the surface of the dough. Cover with a moist cloth over the dough and enable to get risen till it gets doubled.
- Make loaves out of dough. Roll it out in a ½ inch thick, rectangular shape on a lightly floured surface and moisten it with 2 tbsp milk. Whisk together ¾ cups milk and 2 tbsp cinnamon and sprinkle it on the dough. Roll up the dough with a diameter about 3 inches and cut them into the thirds and tuck them in. Grease a 9×5 inch pan and place the loaves on it and grease the top. Let the loaves rise for another hour.
- Bake the mixture. Bake the loaves for 45 minutes at 350 F till the loaf is slightly brown in color and produce hollow sounds when tapped. Brush the loaves with butter after removing from the pan and slice after it is cooled.
- Ensure that the raisins have been picked just before the cake–making process.
- Ground the cinnamon for the finer texture of the cake.