- 16 cups of linguine or any other pasta
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 1 tablespoon of minced or chopped garlic (add according to the amount of garlic added in the pesto sauce don’t overpower the garlic)
- 2 cups of whipping heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of crushed pepper (black pepper)
- 1 teaspoon of salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon of finely chopped fresh parsley (can also use finely chopped coriander or cilantro)
- 1 cup of finely grated cheese of parmesan
- 1/3 cup pesto sauce
- 1 limb or part of shrimp along with its tail make sure it is well cleaned, peeled and pat dried
For the Sauce
- 50g of nuts of pine
- 1 large bundle of basil
- 50g of parmesan cheese
- 150ml of oil (olive oil), keep some extra for sorting
- 2 cloves of garlic
For Pesto Sauce
- Turn on the heat, heat a frying pan on a low-medium heat, put some cooking oil or olive oil in the pan after heating add garlic and toss it after that add finely chopped basil or parsley (coriander or cilantro) and cook add all the pine nuts and roast them well until they are golden brown in color, keep them shaking while roasting so that they don’t burn, after they are perfectly roasted remove them from heat and transfer them into a blender and blend it until it gets a smooth texture, remove it in a bowl and add salt as per your taste some black pepper or any seasoning as per your taste and wish, add minced garlic into the mixture.
- Turn on the heat, in a large bowl add water, oil and some salt add 16 cups of linguine and cook it until al dente (cooked half). Turn off the heat drain the pasta and keep it inside. In another pan add some melted butter, keep the heat on medium-high, add chopped garlic in the heated butter and give it a quick toss for 2 to 1 min or till it has a nice fragrance.
- Sauce it up, in the pan now add heavy whipping cream along with some salt and black pepper as per your taste mix it well and cook the sauce until it has a sauce-like consistency for about 6 to 8 minutes, keep mixing the sauce so that no lumps are formed also if you don’t mix it continuously the butter or the cream will burn.
- After the sauce is cooked add the cheese of parmesan and also pesto sauce and combine it well until it gets a smooth texture. Now, add the peeled washed shrimp in the pan and cook it in the sauce till the point that the shrimp becomes little curled and a bit pink in color, this will come up in 2 to 3 minutes, make sure you don’t over-cook the shrimp.
- Give it a final touch, you can serve it in two ways, 1) server the pasta first and then add sauce and shrimp and give it a mix till it coat, 2) you can add sauce and shrimp first mix them well and then top it up with pasta and serve.
- If you want you can also cook the shrimp in the oven and then serve separately with coated sauce.
- Put the mixture that is the pesto into a jar or an airtight container, add some cooking oil or olive oil into the jar, seal it well and place in the refrigerator it will be fresh in the refrigerator for almost 15 days.
- You can preserve this dish in the refrigerator for about 15 to 20 hours.