- 1 box of yellow cake mix and the ingredients required to make the cake from the mix
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon + 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 4 large Macintosh apples peeled and chopped in small pieces for cake mix and frosting.
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg powder
- 2 stick or 1 cup of softened butter
- ½ cup of dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 3 cups of powdered sugar or castor sugar
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 2/3 cup of warm water
- ½ cup of cornstarch
To Prepare the Cup Cake
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Take out a mixing bowl and prepare the mix as per the directions on the box. Mix three ingredients in a mixing bowl, nutmeg, chopped apples, and cinnamon. Thereafter, add it to the cake mix. Take cupcake molds and grease it with butter. Add the cupcake mix to the greased mold.
- Follow the directions given for making the cupcakes. Take out the cupcakes from the oven and check if they are done using a knife or a fork.
To Prepare the Icing
- In order to make the icing, mix five ingredients, milk, brown sugar, powdered sugar, cinnamon, and butter.
- Take a hand mixer and mix it on high speed. Keep mixing till it becomes creamy and everything has incorporated.
To Prepare the Apple Topping
- Take a pan and add all the remaining ingredients to the pan. Bring all the ingredients to boil. Lower the heat over the pan and keep it on simmer. Leave it over the heat till the apples have become soft or for 25 minutes. As the apples are done, take it out of the heat and allow it to cool down.
- Take out the cupcakes from the mold and lay them over a tray. Make sure that it has cooled down. Now, decorate the cupcake using a piping bag. Put the icing around the outer edge of the yellow cupcake. Make sure that you leave some space in the middle of the cupcake.
- Now take the cooled apple filling and put it over the cupcake by spooning it from the saute pan. Garnish with castor sugar and serve to your guests.
NOTES – If you have made some extra cupcakes, you can store it in the refrigerator. Take it out, defrost in room temperature and have it with tea or coffee whenever you feel like.