- About 400 gms of lean minced beef
- 1 pack of beef stock
- About 300 gms of kidney beans can
- About 300 gms chopped tomatoes can
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin seeds
- Sour cream or curd/yogurt, 100 gms
- 2 tablespoon chili paste
- Salt to taste
This is a healthy chili recipe that is really spicy. It is a great way to enjoy dinner with friends on weekends. You will simply need stock-up ingredients at home and you are good. Maybe some meat or drinks, and that is all.
- Bring a large bowl. Chop the onions into thin slices or squares, as fine you can. Cut the red bell pepper into medium size cubes. Peel the garlic and chop it finely. Keep it aside.
- Take a large pan. Add the cooking oil and let it warm for a minute or two. Once ready, put everything from the bowl into it and begin stirring. You have to cook it for a minute or two at medium-low heat. Keep turning till onions become golden brown.
- Cook the beef. Set aside the above, and add oil and brown the beef. Remove, and cook the kidney beans, tomatoes and glass of water. Add all other ingredients. Add from the bowl the onion mix and the beef and continue mixing. Bring to boil and let it simmer for like an hour.
Add some more oil if needed to saute the onion mix.