- 1 cup of whole fresh milk
- 3 tablespoon of fresh sugar
- 1 medium-sized egg
- ½ teaspoon of salt; as per taste
- ¾ cup of butter (the butter should be cold)
- 4 teaspoon of powder of baking
- 3 cups of fresh flour (it should be all-purpose)
- ½ teaspoon of pure cream of tartar
- Preheat the oven. First of all, if you want to save your valuable time, then make sure to preheat the oven to a temperature of around 450 degrees F. this process can save your lot of time. But while preheating it, don’t allow the oven to get overheated otherwise it will result in the overcooking of your dish which will result in the alteration of taste.
- Cut the butter. The main secret behind the awesome biscuits is the presence of cold butter (extremely cold). Very often the dough of biscuit gets worked a lot that all the butter becomes soft even before the biscuits go in the oven. So, try to cut the butter into very small piece and then stick back in the refrigerator pulling out just when they are ready to be incorporated into the dough.
- Combine ingredients. Now, combine all of the dry ingredients in a bowl. Then, use a cutter of pastry to cut the obtained cold butter into the mixture of flour. Thereafter, add in the egg and milk and blend just until all ingredients are properly combined. Now, turn the dough out carefully onto a gently floured surface. After this sprinkle some flour on dough’s top so that it will not stick to your hand and knead around 15 times.
- Pat the dough. Pat it out to ¾ to 1-inch thickness and cut with a glass or cutter. The number of pieces will depend on the size of your dough. And it may vary from individual to individual. Then, place all the prepared biscuits on a gently greased sheet of baking or a paper of parchment-lined on a sheet of baking. And thereafter, bake it for a time duration of around 10 to 15 minutes. Or bake it until it becomes golden brown on the top. Your dish is ready, so serve it without wasting your time.
- If you want your dish to make yummier then brush the tops of all the biscuits with some butter (melted).
- Preserve the leftovers of the dish in an air tight container.