- Onion minced 1 cup
- Tomatoes diced or minced 1 cup
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp
- Dhania powder 2 tbsp
- Red chili powder 2 tbsp
- Dry mango powder 1 tbsp
- Salt 2-3 tbsp
- Turmeric powder ½ tbsp
- Chickpeas 2 cups soaked
- Rice 1 cup soaked
- Oil for cooking
The recipe is a lip-smacking Indian recipe. This is a pretty easier and quicker version of original Chana masala with no tampering in flavors. This recipe is vegan and completely gluten-free, and you will absolutely love it.
- Start by taking your instant pot and adding oil to it. Once the oil is hot, add the ginger garlic paste to it. Stir it for a while and add the onions to it. Saute the onions for at least 5-6 minutes and then add the tomatoes into it. Saute the tomatoes for 6-7 minutes.
- When all of them are done, now start adding your spices. Add dhania powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, and dry mango powder and stir well with the mixture.
- Now add in the chickpeas and stir well. Add at least ½ cup water to it and not more. Now close the lid and let it create pressure in it for fifteen minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook your rice in a rice cooker. When the pressure is done for 15 minutes, release it for 2 minutes and your chickpeas are ready. Now take a bowl, add half rice and then half a chickpea, garnish with coriander and chopped onions and lemon.
Make sure you don’t put all the ingredients in the pot at once, onion and tomatoes if not properly sauteed, will taste uncooked and raw.